Liebster Award and Family Award.
First if all, i would like to thank my readers and those that i read of.
were it not for you, the cataloguing of my poetry would be very solemn, as in a library, as opposed to the warm virtual study that i imagine myself in.
since starting, i’ve found and been found by some interesting people, one or two have regrettably gone elsewhere with their lives but i feel the richer for having ‘known’ them.
to be honoured with an award is definitely humbling, if not daunting.
do i deserve the awards? perhaps. perhaps not.
to receive an award shows that others are more sure of me than i am of myself.
Which is a beautiful and enlightening experience.
and so it is with great laughter that i thank http://sistasertraline.wordpress.com/ who has nominated me for two awards 🙂 Both the Liebster and the WordPress Family awards. and she has nominated some Really deserving people alongside me, such as Chatty Owl & Jen and Tonic.
i can understand why she chose me for the latter as we enjoy a laugh as often as not 🙂 i’m still not sure what a liebster is tho, is it a wine? or a lover?
in any case, i am still humble in my acceptance and am glad to share with you who’s work i view, both the funny and the serious, and who i share my WordPress time with (such as sistasertraline).
But first, the formalities…
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. (The lovely Sis x)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. (11!!)
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
That’s the boring bit out of the way… here are the eleven questions that Sis asked us eleven nominees… (interesting questions, i must say 🙂 )
1. Do you think you are capable of killing another human being?
A. sometimes i surprise myself. i’m sure that if the world went tits up and it’s me or them; it will be ‘them’ that stop living.
2. City, country or coast?
A. i’ve always lived in the countryside but would love to live by the coast, i hate city stuff.
3. If you found £50/$50 inside a store, would you hand it in?
A. that money belongs to me now. unless it was dropped by a pauper or pensioner. speaking from experience
4. Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerrys?
A. which is cheapest? can i swap it for weed?
5. Have you ever spent money on calling into a reality TV show, which one and why?
A. do i look like a puppet or a sheep? that stuff will rot your brains. which is why they air it as often as possible. Free Your Minds.
6. When was the last time you lost your temper and why?
A. when a woman told the village that she was having my baby after anal sex.
second thoughts, maybe i shouldn’t broadcast that.
A. when the school told us parents to dress our kids up as their heroes, then the teachers dressed up as Cadbury’s Heroes! (to raise money for starving kids in Ghana, who probably don’t know what a cadbury is, lets rub that choco in their starving faces. well that’s what it looks like to me.)
7. What have you done in your life that you are most proud of?
A. raising my daughter would top the list but i haven’t got time to rest on my laurels just yet, pride comes before a fall sometimes.
8. Have you ever had sex when you really didn’t want to?
A. short answer is yes but it was slightly better than ‘dancing by myself’ or as a friend says, “why walk when you can ride a bike.”
9. What is better, being ‘nice’ or being honest?
A. honesty is always the best choice.
10. Do you believe in God?
“i call him Krsna
my imaginary friend
though i can’t find him.”
11. What would be your epitaph?
A. i love you
(but it won’t be on a tombstone because i better not be buried)
i will haunt the bastard who buries me, jus sayin.
Now i must introduce eleven people that i think are deserving of the Liebster, but be warned, some are not what they seem ;D
Now for the fun bit… i never realised thinking of eleven questions would be so difficult…
Q1. describe a sport that you’ve just invented or updated.
Q2. whether you believe in them or not, who is your favourite God (or god)?
Q3. have you ever been arrested? if so, what was your first time for?
Q4. if you have a choice, do you prefer to handwrite or type your blog material?
Q5. when you was seven, what did you want to be when you grow up?
Q5. give a juicy example of an embarrassing memory 🙂
Q6. my mum says: When was the last time you told your mum that you love her?
Q7. when is the human world going to end, again?
Q8. why aren’t humans nocturnal?
Q9. where is your ‘happy place’?
Q10. has any book ever had an impact on your life? which was the first to?
Q11. what was the last cd that you bought?
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.( Sis)
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your wordpress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it.
i thank you all, nominees and readers alike. and will personally let each nominee for both awards know of your awards the next time i am online (batt low)